Quite a number of men and ladies find it difficult to remove hair. Some get their skin damaged during this process, maybe, due to lack of enough information on the process of removing hair – Hair removal cream just seems to be the fastest.
To make things easier for you, we have compiled a list of Top-Rated hair removal cream.
But before then, let’s have more understanding of:
What Hair Removal is?
- 1 What Hair Removal is?
- 2 How Does This Cream Work?
- 3 What to Know Before Using Hair Removal Cream
- 4 What are the factors that determine the effectiveness of Hair Removal
- 5 Best Hair Removal Cream for 2020
- 5.1 1. Veet Gel Hair Remover Cream
- 5.2 2. Sally Hansen Cream Hair Removal Kit
- 5.3 3. Nair Baby Oil Hair Removal
- 5.4 4. Mud Drop Dead Sea Hair Removal Cream
- 5.5 5. Nad’s Sensitive Hair Removal Cream
- 5.6 6. SoftSheen Cason Magic Regular Razorless Cream Shave 6 Oz
- 5.7 7. GiGi Facial Hair Removal Cream and Calming Balm Set
- 5.8 8. Revitol Hair Removal Cream
- 5.9 9. Albion Medical Ultra Hair Away Hair inhibitor- Permanent Hair Remover
- 5.10 10. Depilatory Cream, 60g Pain-free, Fast and Effective Depilatory Cream, Depilatory Cream for Men and Women
- 6 Other Hair Removal Cream For You
- 7 The benefits of Using Hair Removal Cream
- 8 What are the disadvantages of Hair Removal Cream
- 8.1 1. Might React with the skin
- 8.2 2. The Smell
- 8.3 3. Skin getting dry and sensitive
- 8.4 4. Not for Regular Use
- 8.5 Other Methods That Can Be Used to Remove Hair
- 8.6 Shaving
- 8.7 Waxing
- 8.8 Lasering
- 8.9 Electrolysis
- 8.10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- 8.10.1 Which method is the best?
- 8.10.2 Is hair removal cream safe?
- 8.10.3 Is Hair Removal Cream Good?
- 8.10.4 How Long Does Hair Removal Cream Last?
- 8.10.5 Does Hair Removal Cream Work On Stubble?
- 8.10.6 Do Hair Removal Creams Darken Skin?
- 8.10.7 Is Hair Removal Cream Safe For Face?
- 8.10.8 What Happens If You Leave Hair Removal Cream On Too Long?
- 8.10.9 How Do You Get Rid Of Hair Removal Cream Rash?
According to Wikipedia:
Hair removal is the intentional removal of hair from the body.
Hair removal cream is a product specifically made for removal of hair from any part of the body. They are produced with chemicals that make the process faster compared to other alternatives.
How Does This Cream Work?
Once the hair removal gets applied to the hair, it is allowed to stay on the skin, then washed off. This would remove the hair.
What to Know Before Using Hair Removal Cream
Just like we have skin that is sensitive to onion Juice, also we have those that are allergic to chemicals used in the production of hair removal creams.
Whether the skin is allergic to certain chemicals is mostly caused by hormonal and genetic make-up. This is one of the reasons why you need to carry out a skin patch test.
Of what importance is the skin patch test?
Carrying out a skin patch test will reduce the probability of any adverse reactions to chemicals in the products.
What are the factors that determine the effectiveness of Hair Removal
If your friend/family has purchased any hair removal products in the past but none of them seems to work or maybe you read reviews dropped by buyers online.
The products and the manufacturer are not the ones that are always to be blamed. Below are possible reasons why the products are not working;
- The density of the hair
- The texture of the hair
Another factor that determines how fast the product will work is the hair volume.
The listed factors do not mean the products won’t work, it will just take time, compare to someone with low hair volume and a thin beard.
Best Hair Removal Cream for 2020
1. Veet Gel Hair Remover Cream
Check on Amazon
Talking of the best hair remover cream, Veet Band is well-known in the industry. They have been around for more than 80 years and used by over 30 million females.
So, it is one of the most favourite products that fall into this category.
What is so Special?
- It can effectively remove hair in a few minutes.
- Made up of chemicals such as aloe vera and vitamin E, which soothes and moisturizes the skin. Making it good for those with sensitive skin.
- Tested by a dermatologist.
- Keeps the skin hydrated.
- Removes the hair from the roots.
- The application is easy.
- No worries about bumps.
Contains ingredients such as Water, Urea, Calcium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Potassium Sorbate, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Gluconate, Sorbitol, Talc, Tocopheryl, Acrylates Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, and many others.
2. Sally Hansen Cream Hair Removal Kit
Check on Amazon
Sally Hansen’s brand is another well-known brand that is into the production of a variety of cream. It is not only meant for removal of beard hair, but it also can also be applied to body parts.
It is made with moisturizers, Collagen, and Vitamin E. What makes it different from others on this list is that; Sally Hansen Cream’s hair removal kit is made up of willow herb, and pumpkin seed extracts which are all-natural. They help reduce the appearance of hair regrowth.
With this product, your hair will become softer while the skin becomes smoother and healthy.
What is so Special?
- It is easy to apply.
- Made with plant extracts that help soften and smooth the skin.
- Painless and fast-acting.
According to the feedback provided by verified buyers on Amazon: It is easy to use. Also, note that it is not a good product for thick hair as it takes much time before it can work effectively and should be used only in a ventilated area.
It contains the following ingredients: Sodium Silicate, Bisabolol, Cetyl Alcohol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, potassium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Tocopherol, Farnesol, Alcohol Denat, Aloe Bardadensis, Fragrance, Calcium Hydroxide, Serenoa Serrulata, Steareth -30, Calcium Thioglycolate, and many others.
3. Nair Baby Oil Hair Removal
Check on Amazon
With Nair Baby Oil removal you can remove your hair within three minutes and get yourself a radiant skin that lasts days compare to shaving.
What is so Special?
- Tested by dermatologist
- Easy to Use
- Perfect for sensitive parts of the body.
- Works faster
- Gives smooth skin that lasts than other alternatives.
Contains the following ingredients:
Water, fragrance, Iron oxides, Calcium hydroxide, potassium thioglycolate, mineral oil, Cetearyl lanolin, theobroma cacao ( Cocoa Seed) butter and Ceteareth -20.
4. Mud Drop Dead Sea Hair Removal Cream
Check on Amazon
Mud Drop is a new brand with amazing products that always meet up with demands. It is made from botanical plant extracts that are known to moisturize and soothe the skin.
What is so special?
- It is a patented technology.
- Made with Aloe-Vera leaf juice & Chamomile extract that help soothe the skin.
- Good for sensitive skin.
- It helps the elasticity of the skin.
From the feedback provided by previous buyers, it worth the money and perform up to expectations. Also a good hair remover for sensitive skin.
The following are the ingredients used:
Water, Urea, Calcium hydroxide, magnesium aluminium, silicate, glycerin, Cetearyl alcohol, aloe barbadensis leaf, Cucumis sativus fruit juice, Oenothera biennis oil, flower extract, panthenol, sodium gluconate, and anthemis Nobilis.
5. Nad’s Sensitive Hair Removal Cream
Check on Amazon
Created in the yeard 1992 by Sue Ismiel and her daughter. It is one of the renowned hair removals. Solve the problem of women having to make use of blades that can cause harm to the sensitive part of their body.
I love this stuff, because a) it’s cruelty-free and b) it actually works! I use it on my bikini area and most of the unwanted hair is gone after using this product. I do find that I have to put the cream on fairly thick, leave it on for 10 minutes, and rub a little while wiping it off to get all the hair. But it seems to work great and is the only option I’ve found that’s cruelty-free! It also doesn’t seem to irritate my skin, thought I will still occasionally get ingrown hairs, they’re way less frequent than shaving! Worth a try for sure!
What is so special?
- Good for all skin types.
- It can be used by those with sensitive skin.
- It is painless hair removal with results that won’t fade away soon.
- Ideal for body parts such as legs, bikini, body, and arms.
Scroll down on how to use Nad’s Sensitive Hair removal cream:
- Apply the cream on the area you want to treat. Making use of your hand make sure the cream reach all area you want to remove hair from. Do not rub in.
- Leave it for 4-10 minutes but ensure that it does not pass 10 minutes.
- The next thing to do is remove the cream.
- Rinse the skin. Make sure to rinse the area with water and pat dry.
6. SoftSheen Cason Magic Regular Razorless Cream Shave 6 Oz
Check on Amazon
Another hair remover that helps stop Razor bumps. It is specifically formulated for Black men. It contains water, Calcium Hydroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Thioglycolic, Mineral Oil, Shea Butter, Sodium Metasilicate, Aloe Barbasensis, Perfume, Cocoa Seed, Jojoba Seed Oil, Cateareth-20, Simmondsia Chinensis and Simethican.
Before you buy this product know the following:
After applying the cream to the part of the beard. Do not use a razor with this product and do not wash before using it.
Make sure to perform a skin patch test to know if your skin is allergic to any of the Chemicals used in this product.
From the feedback dropped by verified users on Amazon, it can be used in private regions but should not be beyond the speculated time.
7. GiGi Facial Hair Removal Cream and Calming Balm Set
GiGi has been known over the years to be among the biggest players in the beauty industry. Their products have been outstanding and remarkably effective and this smooth finish facial hair removal duo is not exempted.
The cream works to gently remove coarse facial hair to achieve a smooth visibly hair-free skin.
It is no longer a difficult task to remove coarse hair because GiGi can remove even stubborn, coarse facial hair as gently as a feather.
This hair removal cream is a specially formulated two-way system designed to gently yet effectively remove even coarse, stubborn facial hairs to reveal a smooth and flawless hair-free skin.
The features of the GiGi hair removal cream that makes it very effective for hair removal include;
- It removes facial hair with no pain in just about 8 minutes
- GiGi’s skin guarding balm conditions skin to be less prone to irritation
- GiGi’s hair removal cream weakens even coarse hair so it can be easily wiped out with the most gently of touches
- It leaves your skin beautifully soft, smooth and visibly hair-free
- Easy to use, two-step facial hair removal system transforms your skin in just 8 minutes
- Kit includes skin guarding cream and hair removal cream
HOW TO USE
- Read and follow warnings and directions carefully
- The first step is to prepare your skin: To do this, first apply the skin guarding balm across the areas you want to treat. Treat only once so that the hairs aren’t overly coated. Use fingers to massage the balm into your skin. Massage for about 20 seconds in a circular motion to form a thin pre-treatment layer that keeps the hair removal cream from coming in direct contact with your skin.
- Remove the hair, to do this just apply a layer of the hair removal cream with the tube applicator tip or your fingertip. Immediately smooth over the area to be treated. For effective hair removal, cover it completely with a thick enough layer that you can’t see on your skin.
- Wash your hands immediately, and allow it to stay for 8 minutes leave longer on thick hairs but do not exceed 10 minutes
- Gently remove the cream with a tissue or cotton ball
- Rinse your skin thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry
8. Revitol Hair Removal Cream
The Revitol Hair removal cream is a top-rated hair removal cream that painlessly eliminates unwanted body hair while protecting the skin and infusing it with an antioxidant complex containing aloe vera and natural plant extracts.
The hair is delicately removed from the follicle bulb leaving the skin soft and supple. After the removal the hair becomes thinner and thinner, most users report that hairs stop growing with ongoing maintenance.
The Revitol hair removal cream conditions moisturize and protect the skin and it makes removing unwanted body hair easy and painless. It works equally well on both men and women and it is effective on all parts of the body
The features of the Revitol hair removal cream are;
- It is all-natural
- It is a gentle and painless hair removal cream
- It is dermatologically tested
- It works on any part of the body
9. Albion Medical Ultra Hair Away Hair inhibitor- Permanent Hair Remover
One of your major beauty problems maybe how to remove unwanted hair on your body and have a smooth flawless skin and I am sure that is why you are here to get hold of that one product that will solve this problem for you.
The ultra-hair away frees both men and women from the costly and painful process of waxing, electrolysis, sugaring or laser.
It naturally stops unwanted hair growth through enzyme technology, once applied it saturates the base of the hair follicle and begins the unique process of stopping hair growth. It is very easy to use just like a spray and it goes to work! It is 100% organic so it’s completely safe and painless.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
- Small areas: face/upper lip: 7-8 weeks
- Medium areas: Either back or legs and chest: 3 weeks
- Large area: Entire body: 1 week
10. Depilatory Cream, 60g Pain-free, Fast and Effective Depilatory Cream, Depilatory Cream for Men and Women
This hair removal cream is designed to gently and effectively remove unwanted hair. It is made using active ingredients to break down the structure of the unwanted hair on the body.
During use, it will give a painless experience to remove unwanted hair deeply closer to the root. It is not harsh on the skin with a soothing aloe vera and vitamin E. It is suitable for all skin types and ideal for arms, underarms, legs, body and bikini line.
HOW TO USE
- Squeeze a small amount of hair removal cream and spread evenly to cover the hair using curved part of the spatula
- For best results completely cover the hair with a thick and even layer of cream
- Do not rub in
- Leave the cream on the area to be treated for 5 minutes
- The cream will dissolve the hair right below the skin surface
- Timed carefully, gently use the head of the spatula to test a small area. If your hair is more stubborn leave the cream on for another 5 minutes
- If the hair comes away easily, use the wider or narrower end of the spatula or a wet towel to lightly wipe against the direction of hair growth line until exposed
- Rinse your skin thoroughly with water to remove the cream completely and then dry your skin
- Enjoy your smooth and flawless skin
- Before each use, test your skin reaction by applying the cream to a small part of the area you wish to treat following the directions for use
- Do not use on scars, moles, spotty, broken, irritated or sunburnt skin
- Do not use on skin that experienced an adverse reaction to the hair removal cream
- Discuss with your doctor if you are on any drug that can affect the skin of if you suffer from any skin related disorder
- After use it is advisable to wait for 24 hours before applying antiperspirant, a perfumed product, swimming or sunbathing.
Other Hair Removal Cream For You
Nair Hair Remover Moisturizing Face Cream
This cream is good for a smooth skin aspiration. It is a product that guarantees you of lots of beauty-related benefits such as giving your skin thorough hair removal, transforms your skin into a smooth and radiant texture. It is pain-free and gives you the fastest action needed. It is a moisturizer and can go a long way to give you a healthy scalp.
Hair Removal Cream-Skin Friendly
This is a premium product with premium quality. We recommend it for you so you can explore further from this link given. Check it out on Amazon and then see for yourself what the customers say about it. It is made of Aloe-Vera, Vitamin E and baby oil which results in making the skin feel moisturized. You should do an allergy test on your hand before usage.
CIDBEST Hair Removal Cream
You may want to try this facial hair removal too. Customers are impressed with it, for this reason, we assure you will like this product depending on your taste and how it works for you. The product contains Aloe-Vera and Vitamin E, etc. and equally gives your scalp the moisturizing effect it deserves. Apply the cream to the targeted areas and wait for 5-8 minutes before washing thoroughly with clean water.
There are many of the best products in the store such as the ones we have already mentioned above.
We have talked on What a hair remover is and how a hair remover cream works. The next on the list is:
The benefits of Using Hair Removal Cream
Asides from the smell that emanates out of hair removal cream, below are the benefits:
1. It is fast
Applying hair removal lotion to your beard won’t take more than 15 minutes depending on the hair density and thickness before they get removed.
2. It is Convenient
With hair removal cream you don’t have to worry about spending hours in front of the mirror trying to shave off your beard or having to risk getting cut by a razor. Hair depilatory cream can do that for you within a few minutes.
3. Not costly
Compare to other methods of removing hair this is one of the cheapest of all if not the cheapest.
Are hair depilatory creams too good to be true? Don’t they have any flaws? No, they have disadvantages as well.
What are the disadvantages of Hair Removal Cream
1. Might React with the skin
Before buying any cream for removal of beard hair first check out whether your skin is allergic to the ingredients used to produce the products. This can be done by performing a simple patch test on your skin.
2. The Smell
The smell of hair depilatory products has never been friendly but getting better. Previous buyers reported that the smell even lingers for some time even after the cream has been washed off.
3. Skin getting dry and sensitive
The majority of those who have used hair removal cream in the past reported skin getting dry out and becoming more sensitive.
The ingredients that are used in making many of these creams can dry out the skin and make it more sensitive.
4. Not for Regular Use
Exposure to the sun after applying depilatory cream to your skin is not recommended and they have been linked to making the skin getting dark.
Other Methods That Can Be Used to Remove Hair
Asides from hair removal cream we have other methods that you can effectively use in removing hair from any part of your body. Below are some of the common ways to make that happen:
- Laser treatment
- IPL – intense pulsed light
- Plucking with a tweezer
Shaving is one of the oldest and popular methods through which hair is removed from any part of the body. With a good razor blade, beard trimmer or clipper you can easily remove any hair from whatever region you want it removed from. The downside of adopting shaving is that one is prone to getting razor bumps and in some cases gets cuts by a blade. And also time-consuming for someone who is not regular.
Waxing can be simplified as the process of ripping out hairs in a specific area at once. What makes this method different is that it removes all hair at once. Every last one.
It is said to last more than shaving and affordable even when you hire the help of a professional. The cons of this method are that it is one of the most painful methods of beard hair removal. And it is not recommended to be done on the sensitive part of the body. You might lose some layer of your skin if you decide to use this method.
Laser methods make use of Laser technology and it is best for those with fair skin. As it can change the color of the hair follicle, it essentially works by burning the targeted area until the hair falls off. If you are thinking it will be painful, you won’t feel anything especially if you hire the help of a professional using a machine. Just a little zap all your hair is gone.
The cons of the lasering method of hair removal; it creates few ingrown hairs than shaving.
Another advanced method that makes use of the medical process. It is more permanent compared to the lasering method. It works by killing the cells that make hair grow. The con of this method is that it is more painful than others we have discussed on this list.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Which method is the best?
Nobody can tell you the best method to use. The best method depends on what you want. The call is yours to make.
Is hair removal cream safe?
Hair removal cream is safe only when you use as instructed by the manufacturers and don’t use it in the area close to the eyes. Also, keep away from the reach of children.
Is Hair Removal Cream Good?
Hair removal cream creams are known to get rid of hair within a week or two, which is less than the time needed for methods such as waxing and shaving. Studies carried out by different sources such as using creams can slow hair growth in the area it is applied to. So, using hair removal cream can seem good and fast, but you should always consider the side effects.
How Long Does Hair Removal Cream Last?
Depilatory creams get rid of hair just below the skin surface, but regrowth can be expected in 4-5 days. All hair gets removed with little expertise but the effects are not long-lasting enough.
Does Hair Removal Cream Work On Stubble?
Hair removal cream can work on different beards style, which makes stubble beard style not to be an exception.
Do Hair Removal Creams Darken Skin?
Skin irritation caused the darkening of the skin when buying a hair removal cream to make sure to buy a product with ingredients that get your skin irritated.
Is Hair Removal Cream Safe For Face?
Yes; it is.
What Happens If You Leave Hair Removal Cream On Too Long?
Hair removal works by more by breaking down the skin, which makes removing the hair possible without removing the skin. However, it left for a long period of time without washing off completely, the skin will start to break down, which can result in a chemical burn.
How Do You Get Rid Of Hair Removal Cream Rash?
Getting rash after using hair removal happens in most cases, make sure the lotion gets removed with cool water and apply a cold washcloth. The do the following: “Apply a 1 percent hydrocortisone ointment to calm the redness and make sure to keep the affected area moist.
Does Turmeric remove facial hair permanently?
Turmeric does not possess the immediate ability to remove your hairs permanently, not even some homemade lasers; however, turmeric is effective in removing fine hairs but very poor in removing heavy hair. This point alone is enough to let you understand that turmeric cannot remove your hair permanently until you continue to apply it for a long time, and then the hair stops growing.
Is there a pill to stop facial hair growth?
Well if we were to define pill in this context as a drug, it is possible. Turmeric is one of the effective natural products you can use to stop your hair from grow. Turmeric works by slowing down hair growth. Over time, with continued use, the area of your hair applied will stop growing. This is the remedy we have for you now, others like the use of lime is not that recommend on here due to the excessive damage it causes to the hair follicles. However, the use of lime is effective.
Does salt remove facial hair?
Yes. Salt is a good exfoliator of hair and an effective remover of dead cells from your skin to promote healthy hair growth. It is also good at promoting the blood circulation and then getting rid of ingrown hairs from your face. You can make salt exfoliator at home by simply adding one teaspoon of it into warm water, deep a towel and then pat the affected area gently for a good result.
Here you have read on best hair removal cream in 2020, benefits of hair removal cream and the disadvantages. Likewise, we looked into different methods of hair removal. From all you have read here you will be able to decide on which hair depilatory cream to use and other methods that you think is suitable for you.