Best Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs: Ingrown hairs can be really tricky, especially when they curl on your skin. The only way you can get rid of them is by simply acquiring and making use of one of the best electric shavers for ingrown.
So are you wondering what those strange bumps on your face are? You may say Yes you do with your mind attributing them to unripe pimples.
But then, the truth is, they are not actually pimples, they are or should we say they could be ingrown hairs.
This article will be revealing intrinsic details about ingrown hairs and the best electric shavers suitable for shaving them.
So stay tuned.
Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs: Top Best Shavers
- 1 Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs: Top Best Shavers
- 2 Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs: Detailed Review
- 2.1 Braun Series 9-9095cc Wet and Dry Foil Shaver
- 2.2 Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 7500
- 2.3 BRAUN SERIES 7 760CC-4 ELECTRIC FOIL SHAVER
- 2.4 Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 5 5145S
- 2.5 Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 9 9293s
- 2.6 Remington HF9000 Heritage Series Shaver
- 2.7 Panasonic ES-LT41-K Arc 3 Wet/ Dry
- 2.8 AsaVea Men’s 5-in-1 Electric Shaver & Grooming Kit
- 3 What Are Ingrown Hairs?
- 4 What Do Ingrown Hairs Look Like?
- 5 Causes Of Ingrown Hairs
- 6 Ingrown Hair: Treatment & Prevention Tips
- 7 To prevent ingrown hairs, Try These Tips Every Time You Shave
- 8 Natural ways to treat Ingrown Hairs
- 9 Final Say on Best Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs
Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs: Detailed Review
Finally, we are here, the following are our top best electric shavers for ingrown hairs;
This Beard shaver an excellent end product from Germany is capable of giving you the best shave. With Braun Series 9-9095cc you can get an exceptionally close, thorough facial hair shave. It can get as close as taking out the ingrown hairs effortlessly, Yes this shaver can be that close.
Many beard enthusiast familiar with Braun Series 9 can testify that it has a protective skin guard and a pivoting head that moves in 10 directions to ensure no facial hair gets left uncut, with Ingrown hair inclusive.
Interestingly, Braun Series 9 Wet/Dry Electric Shaver comes with; Cleaning brush, Cleaning cartridge, Cleaning/charging stand, SmartPlug charger, Travel pouch.
Braun Series 9: Amazing Features
The following are amazing features for Braun Series 9 Shavers.
- A Pivoting head that provides a close shave around your neck area.
- The washable design ensures easy cleanup; All you have to do is simply place the shaver head under the faucet after you’re finished.
- Shave while plugged in or away from an outlet: Braun Series Direct-power capacity enables you to use your shaver while it is charging, to minimize wait times.
- Operates a Worldwide voltage that Makes it easy to take the device with you while you travel internationally.
- Lasts Up to 50 minutes of cordless shaving per full charge; Its High-capacity lithium-ion battery also fully charges in as little as 1 hour.
- A Cleaning Brush To aid its profile as a simple hygienic design.
- Charging stand makes it comfortable to keep the trimmer powered and ready for use.
- Travel pouch to make it comfortable to keep the trimmer with you as you travel.
- Cleaning cartridge and Smart Plug charger enable support for simple maintenance.
- Operates both in Wet/dry conditions for convenient use.
- Offers a Chrome design for a clean, classic look.
- Operates a Self-cleaning feature that Keeps your device operating efficiently.
- LED display Maintain your shaver. The display indicates battery level, hygiene status and travel lock.
You Can Buy It Here
Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 7500
Phillip Norelco 7500 is another super shaver with a crazy shaving capacity for sensitive skin. it also presents the following amazing features;
Comfort shaving rings with anti-friction microbead coating for a smooth glide over your ingrown hairs. In other words, The Shaver Series 7000 has Comfort Rings with a special anti-friction coating.
The rings hold thousands of powder-like beads, giving it a glossy surface so it can effortlessly slide over the skin.
With Phillip Norelco 7500 Series, Shaving is made more comfortable and effective for sensitive skin.
Operates a Gentle precision blade system which protects your sensitive skin from sharp blades while ensuring you get a remarkably close shave.
This series upgraded GentlePrecisionPRO edges gently conduct your facial hairs for a close sensitive shave, with additional comfort on 1-3 day beards.
Norelco 7500 series operates a Dynamic flexible head that effortlessly moves in 5 directions to comfortably follow every curve of your face and neck.
This enhanced feature helps to catch every hair, even in hard-to-reach areas e.g, Ingrown Hairs.
Amazingly, this series has Wet & Dry shaving options – since you have ingrown hairs, We recommend you opt for the wet shaving option.
5. 50 minutes of cordless shaving after one hour charge: Phillips Norelco powerful lithium-ion battery presents to you more shaves per charge.
This is to say if you Charge it for an hour it can last up to 50 minutes of shaving time.
Charge it for 5 minutes and you’ll have sufficient power for one shave.
6. Keeps your shaver clean and brand new with SmartClean: At the touch of a button, SmartClean cleanses, lubricates and charges your shaver, keeping it performing at its best every time you use it.
7. A Click-on trimmer for classic moustache and sideburn trimming: Amazingly, A Click on Phillips Norelco skin-friendly precision trimmer to finish your look is ideal for maintaining your moustache and trimming your sideburns.
8. 2-year warranty, worldwide voltage and replaceable blades.
Every Phillip Norelco shavers come with a 2-year worldwide warranty and can adapt to any voltage.
The long-lasting blades only need to be replaced after 1 year.
You Can Buy It HERE
BRAUN SERIES 7 760CC-4 ELECTRIC FOIL SHAVER
The Braun Series 7 is an Electric Foil shaver that is designed to give Men profoundly efficient and excellent shave while decreasing skin sensitivities like INGROWN-HAIRS and sideburns.
It is a unique combination of Intelligent Sonic technology that automatically increases power while shaving in difficult areas or areas with denser facial hair.
The Series 7 electric shaver comes with an ActiveLift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas. An OptiFoil that shaves off facial hairs as short as 0.05mm for a perfect and excellent finish.
A Synergized foil and blades give you a perfect shave with Series 7 razors.
Lastly, this electric-razor is furnished with 3 different shaving modes that enable you to tailor your shave while the integrated advanced clean & charge station helps to hygienically clean, charge and lubricate the shaver.
It is a 100% waterproof shaver for easy cleaning.
1. Intelligent Sonic technology: This technology automatically boosts power in areas that are difficult to shave or areas with denser facial hair.
2. An amazing setting that features 3 different shaving-modes that allow you to tailor your shave depending on your facial-features.
3. Lastly, It also features the world’s only 5-action Clean & Charge Station that hygienically cleans, charges and lubricates the shaver.
Buy It HERE
Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 5 5145S
The Braun electric razor for men is a wet and dry shaver that is equipped with an innovative skin sensitive technology that ensures that your skin is protected with no irritation or redness after shaving.
It is designed to minimize pressure and protect your skin and it is waterproof for up to 5 meters. The device as well consists of an intelligent autosensing motor which adapts to the density of your beards for an efficient shave in every stroke.
Also, a skin-friendly flexible head moves in 8 different directions to capture hairs in even the most difficult areas
The features of the Braun series 5 that makes it efficient and among the top shavers for ingrown hair are;
- It is an electric shaver with skin sensitive technology for maximum performance and excellent skin comfort
- Autosensing motor for efficient shaving in every stroke even with dense beards
- 100 % waterproof for a refreshing shave with water, foam, gel or even under the shower
- Individual suspension of all cutting elements even responds to the smallest contours
Braun Electric Razor for Men, Series 9 9293s
The Braun electric shaver series 9 is among the number one shaver in the Braun series providing unmatched closeness and unprecedented skin comfort.
The perfect combination of efficiency and skin comfort can only be found among the numerous series of Braun shavers but this particular series 9 is really on top of the game.
It has 4 cutting elements and 1 skin guard that works together seamlessly to provide not only efficiency but also the best skin comfort.
It also has two specialized trimmers including a titanium coating that helps you capture even the thickest of hair in every stroke.
The presence of 10000 micro-vibrations and an adaptive motor helps to capture more hairs in every stroke even on dense beards
The 10 direction flexible head and floating shaving elements gently adapt to your skin to capture hair even in hard to reach places.
The trimmer is designed to shave both dry or wet with foam or gel and in the shower for a refreshing and smooth kin experience.
It is 100% waterproof up to 5 meters so you can shave under the shower and rinse them under running water.
The design charging stand minimizes the space you need in the bathroom and guarantees that your shaver is always fully charged.
The state of the art Li-ion battery keeps performance and fully charges in one hour.
The premium display counts down the remaining battery time with 5 different steps and counts down the 9 minutes of shaving time.
Remington HF9000 Heritage Series Shaver
Remington series of hair shavers are among the high players in the industry and this particular shaver is inspired by the latest foil technology designed in the compact, handheld design.
Modern features make it unique, with lift logic foils to capture hairs growing at multiple angles and the comfort hybrid trimmer to pre-trim longer hairs for a close shave.
The wet/dry designs mean that you can shave with gel or foam to find your ultimate comfort.
- Heritage inspired design
- Lift logic shaving
- Comfort hybrid trimmer
- Wet or dry shaving
- Lithium rechargeable battery
- Corded/cordless use
- 60- minute run time
- USB charging
- Pop-up trimmer
The key features of the Remington shaver that makes it exceptional and very efficient are listed below;
- Wet or dry shaving with foam or gel or in the shower for a comfortable shaving experience
- The shaver is fully washable and easily washes clean under the faucet and the cutting assembly is removable for a deeper cleaning
- Convenient pop-up trimmer for detailing facial hair and sideburns
- The foils designed with a multi-directional pattern that captures even the shortest of hair at a variety of angles
- Convenient worldwide USB charging
- Advanced lithium power provides up to 60 minutes run time with convenient and worldwide voltage
- Protect and trim technology patented, hybrid intercept shave technology helps to protect the skin and pre-trim low lying hairs for a close comfortable shave.
Panasonic ES-LT41-K Arc 3 Wet/ Dry
The Panasonic arc 5 wets/ dry shaver for men are packed with smart, innovative features to deliver a remarkably close and comfortable electric razor shave.
The Panasonic arc 3 is a three-blade men’s electronic shaving system which means more arc3 foils for better coverage and reduced shaving machine time.
Also, its nanotech blades are honed to an acute 30-degree angle enabling Panasonic Arc3 electric razor to cut whiskers more cleanly at the root.
The Arc3 multi-flex active pivoting head allows the men’s electric shaver to glide evenly over the chin and jawline for more efficient coverage and maximum foil shaver comfort. It is waterproof hence after use just rinse under running water.
The design is very portable hence can be used for a long-distance journey. Inside the Panasonic cordless shaver head is a floating Arc3 electric razor blade that follows the contours of your face, chin, and neck for a close and smooth shave.
The side to side and up and down foil shaver movements help the electronic shaver head glide effortlessly over face, chin, jaw and neck. The shavers foil is made with stainless steel to closely follow facial contours for closeness and comfort.
You can view the Arc3 rechargeable shaver battery capacity and charge status at a glance with a 10-stage LCD on the Panasonic electric razor Arc3 sure-grip handle.
The charge time for this Panasonic shaver for men is 1 hour and the power source is AC with a voltage of 100-240v. It also comes with a 13000cpm linear motor drive that is designed for an enhanced electric shaver comfort
WHAT IS IN THE BOX?
- ES-LT41-K Arc3 Panasonic electric shaver
- Rechargeable shaver AC charger
- Travel pouch for men’s electronic razor
AsaVea Men’s 5-in-1 Electric Shaver & Grooming Kit
This is the last electric shaver we will look into in this article but definitely not the least of all. The AsaVea Men’s 5-in-1 Electric Shaver & Grooming Kit is among the Best Electric Shavers recommended for ingrown hairs. It can be used for various grooming purposes with five detachable heads, giving you all you need for your hair trimming and facial care.
The handle is very comfortable and easy to hold while moving it around any area of the body, plus it is cordless, which means you no longer need to be bothered about limited movement when shaving. The powerful Lithium battery in this electric Shaver will require 2 hours for a full charge and will last for one hour when in use.
The AsaVea Men’s 5-in-1 Electric Shaver & Grooming Kit contains 1 Main Body, Charger, Cleaning Brush, Hair Trimmer Head, Five-Head Shaver Head, Facial Massage Brush Head, Facial Deep Cleaning Brush Head, Nose Trimmer Head, and three combs Comb 3, 5, 7mm.
- Effective Head Shaver
- Grooming Kit
- 5 different heads
- Lithium battery
- Trim and Shave Head, Beard, Nose, and Ear Hair
- Use cordless for up to 2 hours
- Ergonomic Design
- Precise Shave
Reasons to buy
The is one product that has been designed to provide solutions to your grooming and shaving needs. It is very useful when it comes to shaving, trimming, and cleaning.
The AsaVea Head Shaver can be used in the shower as it is waterproof. In addition, it gives a fast and smooth shaving result
What Are Ingrown Hairs?
Ingrown hairs are facial hairs that curl around or grow back into the skin instead of growing above it.
An ingrown hair is a small bump on the face, red in colour, it appears on the face after you must have shaved. Ingrown hairs otherwise called Razor bumps grow under the skin.
Seldom times, dead skin can close up a hair follicle. This abrupt close-up forces the facial hair inside the skin to grow sideways or under the skin, rather than upward and outward.
Shaving this kind of facial hairs can be very damaging to the skin, shaving naturally curly hair too closely will result in the sharpened end of the hair piercing the skin, causing an ingrown hair.
If you weren’t able to grasp what Ingrown hairs are, in the first few words, We can only hope you understand our short definition.
Ingrown Hairs are not really serious, However, its level of seriousness is the reason you are here. these hairs are quiet irritating and embarrassing.
What Do Ingrown Hairs Look Like?
The above image is what an Ingrown hair looks like on a Black Man. An ingrown hair reddens the skin.
It produces a mounted, reddish bump (or group of bumps) on the face. These bumps are small as little pimples. Sometimes an ingrown hair can form a painful, boil-like sore as seen in the image above.
Ingrown hairs are very itchy and painful, especially if you’ve got a lot of them on your face. You may notice yellowish pus inside the bumps. Or you may also see the hair that’s provoking the problem.
We’d be giving you solutions to those problems, however, the purpose of this article is to recommend some of the best shavers for ingrown hairs.
Do you know ingrown hairs also happen to Women and Not just Men? Yes, they happen to women and We’d be giving you more insights as follows.
In men, ingrown hairs often protrude on their face like a bunch of little bumps or should we say pimples on the chin, cheeks, or neck after shaving.
In women, ingrown hairs are common on the legs, as well as in the pubic area and armpits. You can also get ingrown hairs on your buttocks and it’s really uncomfortable.
Now that you know what an ingrown hair looks like, let us move on to causes and then the best electric shavers for ingrown hairs.
Causes Of Ingrown Hairs
Ingrown Hairs as an ailment has factors that trigger it. However, the problem of ingrown hairs is more common in men who have very curly or coarse hair.
Study shows that Curly hair is more likely to bend back and re-enter the skin, especially after it has been shaved or trimmed.
Also, Black Men with high levels of certain sex hormones can have excessive hair growth, which makes it more likely to get ingrown hairs, especially after shaving.
Many African-Americans, Latinos, and Men with extremely thick or curly hair develop a type of ingrown hair called pseudofolliculitis.
These hairs, more commonly known as “razor bumps,” this collection of bumps as small as pimples are common on the beard area after you’ve shaved, waxed, or tweezed to remove unwanted hair.
The Ingrown hair that grows back into the skin has a sharper edge, so it can more easily poke back through the skin and get trapped under the surface.
Ingrown Hair: Treatment & Prevention Tips
Often times, an ingrown hair will go away on its own after a while. However, If the hair doesn’t go away, ingrown hair can become infected.
An infected ingrown hair darkens the skin, or leave behind a scar, especially if you’ve been scratching or poking at it at some point.
If an ingrown hair is bothering you so much or has become infected, your doctor can make a small cut in your skin with a sterile needle or scalpel to release it.
Your doctor may also prescribe medications such as:
- Steroid medicine; this medicine works faster when you rub on your face. It helps to bring down the swelling and irritation on the skin.
- Retinoids (Retin A): These Retinoids help to remove dead skin cells and reduce the skin pigment changes that can occur from ingrown hairs.
- Antibiotics; your doctor will give you Antibiotics that you take orally (by mouth) or rub onto your skin to treat an ingrown hair infection.
The gold standard for Razor bumps hair removal is a laser. The 810 nm diode laser, the intense pulsed light device (PL), and others are very efficient at hair removal.
To prevent ingrown hairs, Try These Tips Every Time You Shave
Prevention, they say, is better than sacrifice, the following are preventive measures you can implement in your beard shaving routine.
- Try to rub on your face, in a circular motion, using a wet washcloth or an exfoliating scrub to get rid of any stubborn ingrown hairs every day.
- Try and shave with a sharp, single-bladed razor.
- Wet your face with warm water before shaving and apply a lubricating gel in the process.
- Shave in the direction your facial hair is growing; this is to say, if your beard is growing right ways, shave your beard with right strikes. And if grows left ways, you shave left using the wrong strokes on your beard can be another reason a razor bump will occur on your face.
- Try to minimize or reduce your strokes of the razor as possible. That reduces the chance of a hair slipping back into your skin, hence causing a bump.
- Rinse your beard shaving blade with water after every stroke.
- Don’t shave too closely to your skin. endeavour to leave a little bit of stubble if you can.
- If you happen to use an electric razor for shaving, hold it slightly above the surface of your skin.
- Apply a cool washcloth or handkerchief to your skin after you shave to reduce irritation.
Natural ways to treat Ingrown Hairs
Ingrown hairs will disappear themselves after some time even without treatment. It only takes patience. But if you are interested in natural or conventional ways to get rid of ingrown hairs then do not worry. Here are ways to get rid of ingrown hair naturally.
The use of ice is an effective way to ease the pain or itch that comes with ingrown hairs. Inflamed hair follicles can be reduced by applying ice or any cold compress.
2. Sugar and Salt
In case you have sensitive skin, using sugaring is the best option for you when treating ingrown hairs. You need mild exfoliators that can help in reducing redness or irritation, the mixture or sugar and salt which is an alternative for the discomforting waxing can be of great help.
3. Tea Tree Oil
Do you know that by adding just a drop or two of pure tea tree oil to ingrown hairs will prevent further infections and inflammation? This should be done once in a day to enhance the healing process.
Tree oil is derived from the Melaleuca alternifolia plant. It is an essential oil that helps improve the skin. It is also known as a good oil for making wounds heal fast.
4. Stop wearing tight clothing
Another thing to take note of when treating ingrown hair is quitting to wear tight clothes. Preventing ingrown hairs on the legs or any other part of the body will require enough air to flow.
Try as much as possible to expose the skin to fresh air by wearing clothes that are not tight to the skin. Using clothes that are not breathable on the skin where ingrown hairs are can and will Worsen the whole situation and deter the healing process.
The goal is to prevent the clothing from running against the ingrown hair area.
These natural ways to prevent and treat ingrown hairs are really helpful and will contribute to the healing process. Take note that you need to exercise patience when using these methods.
Aside from the irritation, pain and itchiness, treating ingrown hair is not a big problem.
When treating or preventing ingrown hairs, have these facts in mind
When Treating or preventing ingrown hairs, you should be aware of some truths. Most people think that it is for a certain age group but that is wrong.
I grin hair can occur in all age groups and should not be regarded as a Milestone infection as they can be treated and prevented easily.
Can ingrown hair cause inflammation? Yes, If you have a tightly curling hair inflammation is likely to be produced on your hair follicles when there is ingrown hair. Red bumps can also be ingrown hairs.
You increase the chance of having ingrown hairs when you shave too closely. So the number one way to prevent ingrown hair is to avoid close shaved. Another good option for preventing ingrown hair is the used of laser hair removal.
When treating and controlling ingrown hair, it is safe to make use of topical creams as they help control ingrown hairs.
Can you pop an ingrown hair?
No. When you notice that you have ingrown hair, do not ever think of popping it. It is very dangerous and can attract another infection or scarring.
Avoid the use of tweezers in pulling out ingrown hairs so that the pain and inflammation will be reduced.
What will happen if an ingrown hair goes untreated?
Nothing serious will happen if your leave ingrown hairs the way they are. It usually resolves on its own even without treatments.
But if you can not bear the itchiness and pain, the natural ways I have shared with you in treating ingrown hairs should work.
Can waxing prevent ingrown hairs?
Waxing should not be used in treating ingrown hairs. Except you want to use the local waxing method that includes sugaring paste, the normal waxing can contribute to ingrown hairs.
The aggressive waxing method of hair removal will only make matters worse.
Final Say on Best Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs
Getting rid of Ingrown Hair can be very demanding, However, we are confident one of the above solutions will work for you. Kindly share your comments in the comment section below.