Best Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs
Ingrown Hairs can be really tricky, especially when they curl on your skin. The only way you can get rid of them is by simply acquiring and making use of one of the best electric shavers for ingrown.
So are you wondering what those strange bumps on your face are? You may say Yes you do with your mind attributing them to unripe pimples.
But then, the truth is, they are not actually pimples, they are or should we say they could be ingrown hairs.
This article will be revealing intrinsic details about ingrown hairs and the best electric shavers suitable for shaving them.
So stay tuned.
What Are Ingrown Hairs?
Ingrown hairs are facial hairs that curl around or grow back into the skin instead of growing above it.
An ingrown hair is a small bump on the face, red in colour, it appears on the face after you must have shaved. Ingrown hairs otherwise called Razor bumps grow under the skin.
Seldom times, dead skin can close up a hair follicle. This abrupt close-up forces the facial hair inside the skin to grow sideways or under the skin, rather than upward and outward.
Shaving this kind of facial hairs can be very damaging to the skin, shaving naturally curly hair too closely will result in the sharpened end of the hair piercing the skin, causing an ingrown hair.
If you weren’t able to grasp what Ingrown hairs are, in the first few words, We can only hope you understand our short definition.
Ingrown Hairs are not really serious, However, its level of seriousness is the reason you are here. these hairs are quiet irritating and embarrassing.
What Do Ingrown Hairs Look Like?
The above image is what an Ingrown hair looks like on a Black Man. An ingrown hair reddens the skin.
It produces a mounted, reddish bump (or group of bumps) on the face. These bumps are small as little pimples. Sometimes an ingrown hair can form a painful, boil-like sore as seen in the image above.
Ingrown hairs are very itchy and painful, especially if you’ve got a lot of them on your face. You may notice yellowish pus inside the bumps. Or you may also see the hair that’s provoking the problem.
We’d be giving you solutions to those problems, however, the purpose of this article is to recommend some of the best shavers for ingrown hairs.
Do you know ingrown hairs also happen to Women and Not just Men? Yes, they happen to women and We’d be giving you more insights as follows.
In men, ingrown hairs often protrude on their face like a bunch of little bumps or should we say pimples on the chin, cheeks, or neck after shaving.
In women, ingrown hairs are common on the legs, as well as in the pubic area and armpits. You can also get ingrown hairs on your buttocks and it’s really uncomfortable.
Now that you know what an ingrown hair looks like, let us move on to causes and then the best electric shavers for ingrown hairs.
Best Electric Shavers For Ingrown Hairs: Causes Of Ingrown Hairs
Ingrown Hairs as an ailment has factors that trigger it. However, the problem of ingrown hairs is more common in Men who have very curly or coarse hair.
Study shows that Curly hair is more likely to bend back and re-enter the skin, especially after it has been shaved or trimmed.
Also, Black Men with high levels of certain sex hormones can have excessive hair growth, which makes it more likely to get ingrown hairs, especially after shaving.
Many African-Americans, Latinos, and Men with extremely thick or curly hair develop a type of ingrown hair called pseudofolliculitis.
These hairs, more commonly known as “razor bumps,” this collection of bumps as small as pimples are common on the beard area after you’ve shaved, waxed, or tweezed to remove unwanted hair.
The Ingrown hair that grows back into the skin has a sharper edge, so it can more easily poke back through the skin and get trapped under the surface.
Ingrown Hair: Treatment & Prevention Tips.
Often times, an ingrown hair will go away on its own after a while. However, If the hair doesn’t go away, ingrown hair can become infected.
An infected ingrown hair darkens the skin, or leave behind a scar, especially if you’ve been scratching or poking at it at some point.
If an ingrown hair is bothering you so much or has become infected, your doctor can make a small cut in your skin with a sterile needle or scalpel to release it.
Your doctor may also prescribe medications such as:
- Steroid medicine; this medicine works faster when you rub on your face. It helps to bring down the swelling and irritation on the skin.
- Retinoids (Retin A): These Retinoids help to remove dead skin cells and reduce the skin pigment changes that can occur from ingrown hairs.
- Antibiotics; your doctor will give you Antibiotics that you take orally (by mouth) or rub onto your skin to treat an ingrown hair infection.
The gold standard for Razor bumps hair removal is laser. The 810 nm diode laser, the intense pulsed light device (PL), and others are very efficient at hair removal.
To prevent ingrown hairs, Try These Tips Every Time You Shave
Prevention, they say, is better than sacrifice, the following are preventive measures you can implement in your beard shaving routine.
- Try to rub on your face, in a circular motion, using a wet washcloth or an exfoliating scrub to get rid of any stubborn ingrown hairs every day.
- Try and shave with a sharp, single-bladed razor.
- Wet your face with warm water before shaving and apply a lubricating gel in the process.
- Shave in the direction your facial hair is growing; this is to say, if your beard is growing right ways, shave your beard with right strikes. And if grows left ways, you shave left using the wrong strokes on your beard can be another reason a razor bump will occur on your face.
- Try to minimize or reduce your strokes of the razor as possible. That reduces the chance of a hair slipping back into your skin, hence causing a bump.
- Rinse your beard shaving blade with water after every stroke.
- Don’t shave too closely to your skin. endeavour to leave a little bit of stubble if you can.
- If you happen to use an electric razor for shaving, hold it slightly above the surface of your skin.
- Apply a cool washcloth or handkerchief to your skin after you shave to reduce irritation.
Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs: Top Best Shavers.
Finally, we are here, the following are our top best electric shavers for ingrown hairs;
This Beard shaver an excellent end product from Germany is capable of giving you the best shave. With Braun Series 9-9095cc you can get an exceptionally close, thorough facial hair shave. It can get as close as taking out the ingrown hairs effortlessly, Yes this shaver can be that close.
Many beard enthusiast familiar with Braun Series 9 can testify that it has a protective skin guard and a pivoting head that moves in 10 directions to ensure no facial hair gets left uncut. With Ingrown hair inclusive.
Interestingly, Braun Series 9 Wet/Dry Electric Shaver comes with; Cleaning brush, Cleaning cartridge, Cleaning/charging stand, SmartPlug charger, Travel pouch.
Braun Series 9: Amazing Features.
The following are amazing features for Braun Series 9 Shavers.
- A Pivoting head that provides a close shave around your neck area.
- The washable design ensures easy cleanup; All you have to do is simply place the shaver head under the faucet after you’re finished.
- Shave while plugged in or away from an outlet: Braun Series Direct-power capacity enables you to use your shaver while it is charging, to minimize wait times.
- Operates a Worldwide voltage that Makes it easy to take the device with you while you travel internationally.
- Lasts Up to 50 minutes of cordless shaving per full charge; Its High-capacity lithium-ion battery also fully charges in as little as 1 hour.
- A Cleaning Brush To aid its profile as a simple hygienic design.
- Charging stand makes it comfortable to keep the trimmer powered and ready for use.
- Travel pouch to make it comfortable to keep the trimmer with you as you travel.
- Cleaning cartridge and Smart Plug charger enable support for simple maintenance.
- Operates both in Wet/dry conditions for convenient use.
- Offers a Chrome design for a clean, classic look.
- Operates a Self-cleaning feature that Keeps your device operating efficiently.
- LED display Maintain your shaver. The display indicates battery level, hygiene status and travel lock.
You Can Buy It Here.
2. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 7500
Phillip Norelco 7500 is another super shaver with a crazy shaving capacity for sensitive skin. it also presents the following amazing features;
Comfort shaving rings with anti-friction microbead coating for a smooth glide over your ingrown hairs. In other words, The Shaver Series 7000 has Comfort Rings with a special anti-friction coating.
The rings hold thousands of powder-like beads, giving it a glossy surface so it can effortlessly slide over the skin.
With Phillip Norelco 7500 Series, Shaving is made more comfortable and effective for sensitive skin.
Operates a Gentle precision blade system which protects your sensitive skin from sharp blades while ensuring you get a remarkably close shave.
This series upgraded GentlePrecisionPRO edges gently conduct your facial hairs for a close sensitive shave, with additional comfort on 1-3 day beards.
Norelco 7500 series operates a Dynamic flexible head that effortlessly moves in 5 directions to comfortably follow every curve of your face and neck.
This enhanced feature helps to catch every hair, even in hard-to-reach areas e.g, Ingrown Hairs.
Amazingly, this series has Wet & Dry shaving options – since you have ingrown hairs, We recommend you opt for the wet shaving option.
5. 50 minutes of cordless shaving after one hour charge: Phillips Norelco powerful lithium-ion battery presents to you more shaves per charge.
This is to say if you Charge it for an hour it can last up to 50 minutes of shaving time.
Charge it for 5 minutes and you’ll have sufficient power for one shave.
6. Keeps your shaver clean and brand new with SmartClean: At the touch of a button, SmartClean cleanses, lubricates and charges your shaver, keeping it performing at its best every time you use it.
7. A Click-on trimmer for classic moustache and sideburn trimming: Amazingly, A Click on Phillips Norelco skin-friendly precision trimmer to finish your look is ideal for maintaining your moustache and trimming your sideburns.
8. 2-year warranty, worldwide voltage and replaceable blades.
Every Phillip Norelco shavers come with a 2-year worldwide warranty and can adapt to any voltage.
The long-lasting blades only need to be replaced after 1 year.
You Can Buy It HERE
3. BRAUN SERIES 7 760CC-4 ELECTRIC FOIL SHAVER
The Braun Series 7 is an Electric Foil shaver that is designed to give Men profoundly efficient and excellent shave while decreasing skin sensitivities like INGROWN-HAIRS and sideburns.
It is a unique combination of Intelligent Sonic technology that automatically increases power while shaving in difficult areas or areas with denser facial hair.
The Series 7 electric shaver comes with an ActiveLift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas. An OptiFoil that shaves off facial hairs as short as 0.05mm for a perfect and excellent finish. A Synergized foil and blades give you a perfect shave with Series 7 razors.
Lastly, this electric-razor is furnished with 3 different shaving modes that enable you to tailor your shave while the integrated advanced clean & charge station helps to hygienically clean, charge and lubricate the shaver. It is a 100% waterproof shaver for easy cleaning.
1, Intelligent Sonic technology: This technology automatically boosts power in areas that are difficult to shave or areas with denser facial hair.
2, An amazing setting that features 3 different shaving-modes that allow you to tailor your shave depending on your facial-features.
3, Lastly, It also features the world’s only 5-action Clean & Charge Station that hygienically cleans, charges and lubricates the shaver.
Buy It HERE
Final Say on Best Electric Shavers for Ingrown Hairs
Getting rid of Ingrown Hair can be very demanding, However, we are confident one of the above solutions will work for you. Kindly share your comments in the comment section below.