Looking for the best sharpener for clipper blades, then you should remain on this page.
I realized that a number of people are having problems finding the best sharpener for clipper blades and we are going to do justice to that here.
In this post, I will show you one of the highest quality sharpening equipment available for your clipper blades.
If you are looking for a mobile clipper blade sharpening service, look no further than the Tough 1 Clipper Blade Sharpener Kit.
Tough 1 Clipper Blade Sharpener Kit is one of the simplest machines for learning how to sharpen hair clipper blades
With this machine, You can sharpen any size clipper blade regardless of their use. (hair stylist or animal groomers)
One interesting thing we found in the machine is that not many other machines offer low-cost business opportunities that give this kind of profit. Some sharpeners can sharpen 10 sets of clipper blades per hour or even more! With the national average at $10 per set, that’s $100.00 per hour or more.
We looked into the five crucial things required when sharpening clipper blades and we found it in this machine. What are these five things?
- Direct drive
- proper motor RPM
- A true running honing plate
- Correct honing compound
- Technical support when you need it now.
Any clipper blade sharpening machine you want to buy must have these features. And the tough 1 Clipper Blade sharpening kit has it all.
The machine comes complete with everything required to be successful when sharpening any size of clipper blades.
Not only will you get the exceptional quality of the equipment but also the outstanding service it will give you when in use.
Generally, tough 1 product offers every sharpening machine with complete pictured instructions, training DVD’s, supply and tool vendor list, average price sheets, toll-free number for life on the spot customer service, as well as yearly follow up calls.
Best Sharpener For Clipper Blades
Tough 1 Clipper Blade Sharpener Kit
Without breaking the bank, you can now sharpen your clipper blades in the most simple way and successfully.
With simple instructions included, the tough 1 Clipper Blade Sharpener Kit allows almost anyone to sharpen Without applying much effort.
The sharpening plate surface is machined to.0005 of an inch for perfect grinding and with the special formula sharpening compound, you can quickly offer your customers a new service or keep a kit handy in the barn when clipping.
Special features and details
- It is not expensive and so you can sharpen a set of blades with pennies
- With little effort, almost anyone can sharpen blades
- Special formula sharpening compound
- You can quickly offer your customers a new service
- Simple instructions included in the pack
What are people saying about Tough 1 Clipper Blade Sharpener machine?
I took my time to get reviews from verified users of this product on Amazon. It seems a lot of people use this machine to sharpen their clipper blades and it works perfectly. Well, let’s take a look at some. If we are to cover all, you’ll read this article for eternity.
Arrived in perfect condition and appears well made. Maybe it was me, maybe the blades, maybe the sharpener but
I was unable to sharpen my blades effectively with this sharpener and ended up needing to buy all new blades
Was good quality, and came in a nice carrying case to keep all the parts together. Saves a lot of money on new blades!
Always good to have a sharpener for anything that needs sharpening… Takes some getting used to using, but saves in the long run.
It works as well as we thought it would. You have to put some elbow grease into using it, but it does sharpen blades. You have to read the directions and follow them or it won’t work
I’ve used this item and it works allot better than the sharpener that I bought elsewhere
I’ve used this item and it works a lot better than the sharpener that I bought elsewhere. I would definitely recommend this item for clipper blades
How do I use Tough 1 Clipper Blade Sharpener Machine?
As I mentioned, it is a very simple equipment to use. Coupled with the guide provided. Apart from homemade ways to sharpen clipper blades, Blades are fast and easy to sharpen using a machine like these
However, it is important to pay attention to a couple of key points. If not done, your clipper can cut. Take a look at these steps carefully:
- Ensure that the spring tension is set correctly, the factory settings suggest 2-3/4 and 3-1/4 pounds of pressure. Accurately measure the current spring tension by Using a clipper blade test scale. Use a plier to add spring tension by bending the spring clips together slightly. Using a flat head screwdriver to spread spring clips apart slightly will remove spring tension. To get a proper tension, overbend the spring slightly. This is because the spring is made of steel
- The clipper blade socket should be adjusted to the factory shape. The ears on the socket can flair outward since the top cutter of the clipper blade moves back and forth to cut the hair. You can insert A socket setting tool between the ears and bend them back straight with pliers. But if ears are flared outward, the clipper head clip will not have the socket fit tightly to it
- In the stage, you are going to be demagnetizing the clipper blades. Over time friction can set into the blades causing chatter as these blades run across each other at a very high velocity. You can use a powered demagnetizer to remove the friction in the steel allowing for a smooth cut.
- Lastly, in order to align the bottom comb and top cutter properly when reassembling them, tough 1 Clipper Blade Sharpener Kit provides a detailed list of blade sizes and proper setback in their written instructions in its pack that you can carefully follow. Remember, The top cutter blade needs to have the correct blade set back
Other Clipper Blades Sharpener To Buy
TQ 220V Electric Sheep Clipper Blade Sharpener
This is another wonderful machine to buy for sharpening clipper blades. Although, it is commonly used for sheep sealt but It definitely deserves your purchasing if you want a sharpened blade.
Now, you no longer need to order more blades, one blade can cut for a long period of time. It also saves you a lot of money here.
Plus, you get 2 free abrasive papers which would be included to the package.
- It is very suitable for home use.
- Not only does it aim at a livestock farm, but also for clipper blades
- A perfect replacement for the manual sharpening tools
- Large motor, strong power, makes it more sturdy and durable.
- It is easy to check the blades since It can be disassembled.
- High-quality all-steel grinding disc.
- Efficiency from the wear-resisting abrasive paper.
- With polishing function
- Strong power
- Quickly polish
- Thickening grinding disc
- Low noise design，The movable rod can be adjusted flexibly
The Rich Barber 1 Minute Blade Modifier Sharpening Tool
They call it the One Minute Blade Modifier.
This sharpener machine is designed to sharpen normal trimmer blades up to 15-20 times!
The premium diamond metal sharpening stone will transform your tools with a high-performance feature.
Like the name, it Modifies all professional shavers, including Andis, Whal, Oster, or Babyliss.
All you need to do is detach the blade from the complete tool and sharpen properly for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
You should have the One Minute Blade Modifier in your Arsenal to keep your clipper blades shiny and sharpened. It also saves you money since you will not have to replace blades too often. And like the tough 1 Clipper Blade Sharpener Kit, this machine comes with a guideline instruction to make it easy to use for both pros and novice.
- The ultimate tool for your home or professional barber kit.
- It turns regular trimmer blades into perfectly modified barber blades in just 1 minute.
- It contains a diamond metal sharpening stone that’s marked with guidelines
- Accomplish precision finishes without spending a fortune on speciality blades
- Customize your own cutting blades.
- Compatible with all major-brand professional trimmer blades
How long should a sharpened blade last?
If you are looking for an answer to how long your sharpened clipper blade should last then it depends on how well the clipper is maintained, how frequent your clipper blades are lubricated and cleaned, and finally how well the tools are sharpened.
If you use your clipper for animal grooming, they perform the best by enduring the dirt, debris and dander that comes from the coat of animals. This is another factor that will affect the longevity of the cutting edge of the tool
When you keep the blade drive area cleaned after each use, you will maintain a good stable power that will minimize an overload of electricity to the motor, switch, carbon brushes, and also minimize the wear to the carbon brushes in the clipper.
Keeping the blade drive areas maintained will reduce the debris on the tools, which will help the tools performed to the manufacturer’s specifications.
When you refuse to maintain the blade drive, you are indirectly deteriorating the clipper efficiency and this may start creating lines in your grooms, increasing stress and damage the bearing that the blade drive is fastened to and increases stress to the motor of the tool.
Apart from reducing the lifespan of your clipper, an unclean clipper blade will create a vacuum to entertain bacteria and fungi that can be transferred to other persons that are groomed.
No matter what the situation is, I recommend you to always clean and lubricate your clipper blades after each use. If you want a sharpened blade to last longer, you need to keep them clean and lubricated as this process will extend the cutting edge of the tool and reduce sharpening expenses.
It will also minimize excessive spending when you need to replace anything in your clipper.
The lifespan of a sharpened clipper is intertwined with how clean and lubricated you keep it. Dirt will increase friction to the tool and create wear to the edge of the tool.
The point is that some of your customers’ hair may be contaminated by bacteria which can be transferred from one person to another if the blades have not been properly cleaned, disinfected and lubricated before the next groom.
Here is a link on how to disinfect your hair clipper blades to prevent dirt and hazards.
Lubrication is highly required to preserve the effectiveness and longevity of a well-sharpened clipper blade. The integrity of the cutting edge of the clipper blade solely lies on this factor.
If you are wondering if you should oil a ceramic blade, then this post is for you HERE. It’s a must-read, I must say.
However, you can agree with me that the majority of clipper blades produced today are metal. Hence, these tools need lubrication to provide adequate lubricity for the metal cutter to move smoothly and efficiently across the comb section of the clipper blade.
One major downside associated with not lubricating your blade is that it attracts dullness quickly. The friction to the tool will cause this.
Lubrication reduces the wear to the surface of the tool by Removing debris from the cutting edge. This is called the whisking function.
All in all, the cutting edge on clipper blades should last anywhere from three to six months if you take all that has been said here seriously. One significant factor that determines longevity is how heavy the blades are needed in various seasons of the year.
Basic clipper blades maintenance tips when using a machine to sharpen
When it comes to achieving a successful grooming operation, we can not do but talk about clippers and their blades.
Giving the appropriate maintenance to your clipper and blade is an absolute requirement in sustaining effectiveness and productivity of the groomers in your salon or at home.
Now that you’ve gotten Tough 1 Clipper Blade Sharpener Kit as a perfect machine for sharpening your clipper blades.
You should find out what exactly you should be doing for your clippers to keep them in optimum shape. But don’t worry, that is what we will look out before we wrap up this article.
While guidelines on how to replace or use parts of the clipper are provided in the package by the manufacturer, here are practical steps to take in order to maintain your clipper blades
1. When you keep your blades clean, oiled, and sharpened, your clippers will not have to work as hard, and will last longer. It all starts with maintaining the blades. Especially on high-speed clippers
2. Use a clipper blades brush or toothbrush, force dryer, or vacuum frequently to remove hair and debris from around the hinge and latch area.
3. On a regular basis, you should Replace the blade drive. Like the Andis clipper, The blade drive can be a single unit, or individual pieces, which have a link, lever, and gear that make up the drive assembly. This is the exact mechanism that allows the cutter part of the blade to move back and forth and cut hair.
4. The mechanism that holds the blade on the clipper should be replaced every 4 months. This is usually hinge and blade latch.
5. It is not wise to store your cord wrapped around the clipper, this can cause damage. Professionals are encouraged to Periodically check the electric cord for damage, and replace if necessary.
6. The Brushes looks look like a big chunk of pencil lead and they conduct electricity to the motor. You can always reach out to manufacturer or service and repair professionals for instruction on how to check the carbon brushes, and how often. Because once they are worn, they will damage the armature and quickly ruin the clipper. Soft brushes will wear more quickly and will require replacement every 6 months.
7. Finally, Make sure you are very careful when sharpening or cleaning your clipper blades. When cleaning your clipper, a common caution you should know is to hold clippers pointing down while cleaning blades.