Do you offer beard trimming services (More like being a barber)? If Yes, This article on professional beard trimmers for barbers is for you and all that you will learn will fasten your success as a barber.
As a Barber or someone who offers beard trimming services, using Professional beard trimmers for barbers speaks volume of your professional ability.
Having Professional beard trimmers is great. It’s really great, but then, you don’t wake up to these pro-trimmers around especially when you are a newbie.
So if you are just starting your career as a barber, read this article meticulously, it will broaden your knowledge on Professional beard trimmers and the need for them.
Quickly follow the Hierarchy, from what Pro-beard trimmers are to why you need them and lastly an array of beard trimmers for your business.
Whether you are a barber or not, a Professional beard trimming kit is a must-have in your facial hair trimming kit.
What are Professional Beard Trimmers?
Professional Beard Trimmers as the name implies are beard trimming apparatus, their only job is to trim and style your beard.
Beard trimmers don’t only do the styling of beards they help maintain your facial hairs at the length you desire.
These trimming apparatus are versatile, built on the premise of versatility. One of the best of professional beard trimmers in the sphere is the Philips Norelco Beard & Head Trimmer Series 5100.
Why You Need Professional Beard Trimmers for Barbers
Why you need professional Beard Trimmers for barbers is quite simple, you need them for the following reasons;
- To Remove Split Ends; One of the Unfortunate reality in sporting facial hairs is when you start developing or experiencing Split Ends. Split ends usually occur when your beard is dry or damaged. They are simply as much of a reality for facial hairs as they are for the hair on your head. Split ends can be as a result of over-exposure to the sun, too much heat (hair dryer, straightener, etc.), a lack of grooming, or improper grooming. Tbh, Split ends cause two major troubles to your beard growth. Firstly, they slow down healthy growth of your facial hairs, which means that if you want to grow a longer beard, you’ll need to trim them away. Secondly, split ends render a beard untidy and cause wiry growth. Therefore, if your appearance is important to you, you’ll need to remove them one way or another. Using the right beard trimmer takes care of Split ends. Professional Beard Trimmers for barbers to be precise.
- Beard Length: If you are the type that sports short beards, putting the length to consider is why you should purchase professional beard trimmer, It saves you the stress of using scissors and also give you a clean trim and style.
- Easy To Use: Professional Beard Trimmers are handy and easy to users compared to Scissors which requires more time to Master. Beards are available to make your beard trimming experience easy and lovable, so it’s a great Idea to have one.
Professional Beard Trimmers: Things To Consider When Buying One
Before buying Professional Beard Trimmers for Barbers, There are things you need to Consider when buying one.
You don’t just rush to an array of beard trimmers and follow your blind instincts to pick one without consulting or considering the following factors;
- Blade Type; Beard Trimmers come with different types of blade. The candid reason why you need to put the blade types into consideration is just so you don’t buy a beard trimmer with a blade that cant gives you what you want. The different kind of blades determine the durability and sharpness of a beard trimmer, For instance, carbon steel blades are by far the sharpest choice but they have a tendency to subsequently rust quickly. Given that trimming of your facial hairs usually takes place in the bathroom, Carbon steel blades aren’t always the most durable option. However, the best blades are titanium-coated carbon steel. Titanium coated carbon steel blades offer durability and stiffness whilst being resistant to weathering.
- Brand/Build Quality; The Build quality of a beard trimmer should be a part of your consideration when purchasing one of them. A lot of beard enthusiasts often overlook this factor; Build Quality of beard trimmers, and end up suffering heart breaks from their Unconscious act of neglect. A good number of high-end Philips models (Philips Norelco Beard & Head Trimmer Series 5100) come with premium features such as laser guides and in-built vacuums. This doesn’t mean Phillip Models are any saints, they have plastic parts which can break, a lot of customers claim their beard trimmers do no last months after buying them.
- Corded Vs Cordless Beard TrimmersWhen buying a professional beard trimmer you should consider whether cord or cordless suits your needs perfectly, No compromise. Although cordless beard trimmers are by far the most convenient, they’re not as powerful. However, do you even need the sheer voltage that you get from a corded trimmer? If you are able to answer any of the above questions, you should be able to decide; Corded Vs Cordless Beard Trimmers which one suits you better.
- Wet Shaving/Waterproof Options; Water responsive beard trimmers is an added advantage, you can use it on a wet beard, in the shower and anywhere. So, when you are purchasing a Beard trimmer, try to consider if it’s waterproof. Waterproof beard trimmers tend to last long.
Top 3 Professional Beard Trimmers For Barbers
Now here are Top 3 professional Beard Trimmers that will make your barbing profession a great success;
1. PHILIPS NORELCO BEARD & HEAD TRIMMER SERIES 5100
First on our list is the PHILIPS NORELCO BEARD & HEAD TRIMMER SERIES 5100, Phillips Norelco is one of the biggest and one of the beard trimmers most sort for in the beard-sporting sphere. Undisputable.
The 5100 is seemingly responsive and can take you to the finishing end of any beard style you desire, it offers full premium services as well.
A few features of Phillip Norelco Beard & Head Trimmer Include the following;
- Self Sharpening Steele blades; Phillip Norelco Trimmer series possess self-sharpening blades designed to provide a clean beard trimming experience as you’ll find on any trimmer. Norelco, apparently, double sharpens the Steele blades to cut more hair with each pass to speed up the process, which is always handy while you’re trying to get out the door in the morning. As if, that isn’t enough, the blades have round mouths to prevent skin irritation.
- The 5100 comes with a zoom wheel that enables you to lock-in on one of 17 built-in precision length settings, very easily. You will obviously have no trouble finding the right lengths for your beard. However, you can check out our Guide on Beard Trimmer Length for further pieces of information regarding beard lengths.
- Above all else, it is waterproof and suitable for all beards.
- Innovative/ Dynamic Beard Guide System
- Comes with 17 built-in length settings
- Waterproof /fully washable
- Advanced lithium-ion battery
- Some users say it’s noisy with prolonged use
You can Buy PHILIPS NORELCO BEARD & HEAD TRIMMER SERIES 5100 HERE.
2. BRIO BEARDSCAPE BEARD AND HAIR TRIMMER
BB- Travel Case is another beard trimmer fortunate to make it to the list of quality beard trimmers in the beard trimmer market with remarkable key features.
Some remarkable key features include;
- Possession of Ceramic blades; Ceramic Beards are stronger than Steele blades, thus creating less friction and heat, unlike other blades.
- A titanium rake that precision-ground to match the ceramic blade.
- An Extra-large Li-Ion battery that gives you up to four hours of runtime after every full charge, this feature is quite rare in other beard trimmers.
- 5-speed settings
- Interestingly, each Beardscape beard trimmer comes with a 7-foot charging cord that has a USB fitting (you can even charge it by simply plugging it into your laptop, fun right? Yea!).
Brio BeardScape beard trimmer has many other features you will get to experience when you purchase one of them, Really Interesting features.
- Deadly Quiet (In other words, Extremely Quiet)
- Low-friction ceramic blades
- Extra large battery
- The wider shaving head is an awkward feature for some beard enthusiast.
You can Buy BRIO BEARDSCAPE BEARD AND HAIR TRIMMER HERE.
3. PANASONIC ER-GB40-S PRECISION HAIR AND BEARD TRIMMER
Third and final on our list is the Incredible PANASONIC ER-GB40-S PRECISION HAIR AND BEARD TRIMMER which a monstrous combination of smartness and power.
Due to its water resistant feature, it is safe to say you should include the Panasonic Beard trimmer in your beard trimming kit as you can seemingly use it anywhere.
some of the key features include;
- A sharp stainless Steele blade angled at 45 degrees to develop an optimal cutting edge.
- The trimmer comes with 3-blades and can neatly trim even the thickest and the densest hair you can ever imagine.
- Swift cut across dense beards
- Another key feature of the Panasonic ER-GB40-S is its Quick-adjust dial that provides 19 precision settings, more than that of Norelco.
- Suitable for dry and wet use (In the shower), Incredibly water resistant.
You can check out our review on PANASONIC ER-GB40-S PRECISION HAIR AND BEARD TRIMMER & You can Buy it HERE.
- Multiple precision settings
- Fast and close-cutting blades
- Great for wet and dry use
- Easy to clean
- Not as easy to grip for men with BIG hands.
Final Say on Professional Beard Trimmers
There are other Professional Beard Trimmers for Barbers, You can spot their different types, But the above beard trimmers will make your Journey as a professional barber flawless. We’ll welcome your feedback in the comment section.